Monday, March 15, 2010

Dandelion Wishes



Artist Statement:  A painting in wool, framed in birch, to pin on your lapel. This piece celebrates that flower that kids love and groundskeepers despise...the dandelion. It's a marriage of textural fiber and bark, and perfect for the nature-lover in you.

I've made felt by wet-felting wool roving in a gradient of colors; blue, green, and yellow, adorned it with a french knot dandelion gone to seed(notice the tiny puffs floating away?) and fitted it into a frame I made of birch bark. The sides have been left natural and the soft white of the bark is a nice compliment to the color it holds.

I've finished the back with a piece of black felt that I created from wool garments. A pinback has been sewn securely beneath the backing.

This piece is about 1.75" wide and is about .5" deep.

Made in my non-smoking home/studio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm choosing this recent entry to comment on your whole blog. I've thoroughly enjoyed my visit! Pages and pages of extremely creative finds.. Kudos to you!