Monday, March 15, 2010

Art Nouveau Floral Brooch



Artist Statement:  This is the first of a series of pieces I'm making using vintage pictures and art of women to create brooches and necklaces.

The picture is covered with a clear laminate then glued onto a piece of thin wood. That is glued down and then bead embroidered with the floral stitched on top of that. It is backed with a black leather and an edging is stitched to finish.

This piece measures 2 1/4" long and 2" at the widest.

The picture is from lunagirl.com

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hi, I really don't know how to send a message other than leaving a comment on a post, so this is how it will have to be. I just wanted to show you guys this website: http://www.oyemodern.com/designers/darkcloud-silver/

The jewelry is super cute and funky fresh! I don't know if it meets your qualifications, but I think it's a real "Ooh!" :)

inventivesoul said...

This is one of my favorite Mucha images, (I use it for jewelry and almost everything else!)
You did such a beautiful job and the floral details at the base are *perfection*
This is really wonderful!