Sunday, February 28, 2010

One of a Kind Hair Comb


Artist Statement:  My name is Amie Louise Plante. I am a jewelry artist with 10 years experience in making museum quality, custom, one-of-a-kind, handmade jewelry.

In this listing I will create for you a personalized one-of-a-kind hair ornament for your special event. The hair comb pictured is made from silver, pearls and amethyst. Every element is fabricated by hand from sheet metal and wire. No two are alike. This one was directly inspired by the theme of ginko leaves as a symbol of health, happiness and good fortune.

The total height of this design is 4.5 inches. It can be inserted into a hairstyle the back of the head or on the side and it will curve and nestle around the head.

The 3 other pictures are examples of my design and fabrication processes. First, I make many elements to be incorporated into the final design, then I play with the pieces until I find a nice composition for them. Then I photoshop some new elements to try them out. Then once I get something I like, I make the next group of pieces. These pieces are in the photoshop process.

All one of a kind/custom orders have a 50% non refundable deposit.

Each piece is hand made and signed by Amie Louise Plante.

Patinas and finishes are semi-permanent and may change slightly over time and with regular use- all patinas may brighten at various contact points, black and copper/multi patinas may darken, especially in recessed areas. This change is a natural trait of sterling silver jewelry that the artist embraces.

In order to maintain the appearance of the original piece. wash gently with mild soap and a soft cloth and keep piece stored in a plastic bag when not in use.

No comments: