Friday, November 6, 2009

Ivory Bib Necklace


Artist Statement: Bib necklaces are all the rage in fashion right now and I love them!!!

I was inspired by more simple sophisticated designs to make any outfit become a statement piece, while still making it look very couture high fashion.

I sewed the black stitching to create a modern zig zig design that flows freely with small black rhinestones at the points for a little bling.

I used fake leather to create the front and the necklace is reinforced with eco-friendly felt made from recycle plastic bottles. The felt makes it soft and comfortable against your skin. Then I took grosgrain ribbon and sewed it on the ends of the bib necklace to hold it in place. I used fray check to make sure the ends of the ribbon stay in tack and do not fray.

The great thing about these bib necklaces it you can tie the ribbon to whatever length you want to fit you perfectly.

Great for any season!

No comments: