Saturday, August 29, 2009

Victorian Brass Snake


Artist Statement: Victorian brass snake stamping made from a vintage press. The snake measures about 62mm across and hangs from about 16 inches of brass rolo chain and is closed with brass lobster clasp. Please let me know if you'd like the chain longer :)

All the brass is treated to avoid darkening and tarnishing and to give it an antiqued look.

Sometimes when I get these stampings in they face the opposite direction than the pictured shows(mirror image). I doubt it'd make any difference to anyone but I thought I'd let ya know ;)

The serpent is one of the oldest and most widespread mythological symbols. The way a snake sheds its skin makes it a universal symbol of renewal, rebirth and the regeneration that may lead to immortality.

No comments: