Monday, March 30, 2009

Octopus Shoes


Artist Statement: Ok, so this is my very first attempt at painting shoes. The shoes themselves are brand new, flat No Boundaries, size 7 1/2, and simple black, but I've hand-painted them with acrylic and fabric paints in the design of an octopus. The little pink suckers on the tentacles were done with fabric paint and are raised up from the surface of the shoe. This means you can feel them when you run your fingers over the tentacles!

The most important thing I can say about these shoes is that they should not be worn in adverse weather conditions, such as rain or snow. The acrylic paint, if wet, will erode and the design will be harmed. There's a thin, clear coating on top of them, but I wouldn't trust it 100% to protect the design.

I hope you like them as much as I do, and if these are a success I'll continue making more! A lot of hours and special care went into the making of these, and they're definitely a one of a kind, hand-made piece to add to your collection of unique shoes!

Also, if you like these, but they aren't in your size, available sizes in stock include: 5 1/2, 6, 7, 8, 8 1/2, 9. Message me, and I'll paint a pair in your size just for you!

The size 6 pair are my only kitten heels, so if those are your thing, grab them up fast!!

No comments: