Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Twilight Picnic Earrings


Artist Statement: The dangles of these earrings are tiny patches of seed beads that I wove into a symmetric diamond pattern that reminds me a bit of a god's eye. This particular weave fits nice and tight so that the beadwork remain stiff and does not sag as flat beadwork can sometimes do. Each earring is accented with a purple cubic zirconia for just a touch of sparkle.

I forged the ear wires from argentium sterling silver wire. The argentium alloy slows the tarnishing time of the silver.

These are little earrings that are very light.
Diamond is 17mm at its widest point.
Length of earrings from top of ear wire is 37mm.

All of my jewelry arrives in an origami gift box, hand folded by me out of beautiful printed card stock.

For more information about these earrings, see the Night Sky Weave at www.beadinfinitum.com

No comments: