Thursday, January 15, 2009

Owl Necklace


Artist Statement: If I were Queen of the Forest, I would wear this necklace and relax in a canopy of leaves. My squirrel friends would scurry up to tell me funny jokes and I would tell moths secrets at night.

A silver vintage Alan owl pendant wears a darling silver filigree crown. Multiple layers of silver chain create a dynamic appeal as they join together with silver rhinestone vintage leaves. The leaves were vintage earrings, and they have been repurposed to twinkle at the delicate part of the body where neck becomes shoulder. The owl's eyes were missing when I found him, so he has been given new ones made of iridescent faceted purple beads.

The length from the crown to the owl is 6 inches (15.2 cm). The necklace length is 20.5 inches (52.1 cm).

2 comments:

Bionic Unicorn said...

Wow! Thanks for the sweet feature.
This necklace is very comfortable to wear and the owl is very friendly!

whoozqueen said...

Im actually veeeeerrry tempted to buy it. *must resist* eee eee eee.