Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blue Bird Bowl



Artist Statement: I love the texture and pattern on the surface of this little bird. I pressed vintage lace into the clay whilst it was still soft, and this has created very intricate pattern which I emphasized by adding pale blue glaze to the imprints.

The underside is unglazed with a little fabric texture.
There are many uses for the little blue bird. Keep it by your bed to keep earrings safe, use it as a little soap dish or put a little candle in it at night.
The colour and texture inside are so pretty you might decide to keep it empty for decoration.

It measures approx 3.5 x 4 inches and is 1.25 inches tall.
(9 x 10 x 3cm)

Please note, this item is not recommended for dishwasher use.
I made a couple of these, so the one you receive may vary very slightly from the one pictured.

1 comment:

Lisa Amber said...

Yay! Very stylish!
I'd love pattern and a shape, too!


My jewelry blog here -
http://lamberhotspot.blogspot.com

Any comments are welcome.:)