Friday, December 26, 2008

Vintage Typewriter Earrings


Artist Statement: Sometimes the years and treatment are so evident on these keys but there is beauty in them still. I love the way these keys look. I don't know what has caused this to happen to them but I love the patina. I've celebrated their color variations by adding a vintage look stamping and tiny faceted bead. They have a subtle luster and picasso finish. These are quite unique and there isn't another set like this anywhere. The ear wires are Sterling silver and from the top of them to the bottom of the dangle measures just over 2 1/2".

The keys are left as authentic as possible. Because the keys are from real typewriters, they show the effects of normal use and aging over many years. Most typewriter keys I use are 50 - 60 years old, at least.

1 comment:

mian asad said...

Lovely post I like It very Much thanx For posting this info:)))

its all about fashion latest fashion site
that i have created just to facilitate the people with latest information about fashion
For more Information you just Have to Log-on Our website Hope
Click here