Monday, November 10, 2008

Emerald Garden Path


Artist Statement: Perfect for a fun and unique gift! This hand painted silk scarf is whimsical and fun. I hope you enjoy :O)

This was painted on 100% Crepe De Chine Silk - A classic, drapey silk that has a subtle, almost luminous luster.

I have blended a luxurious color of emerald green with splashes of blue and black that is sure to go with just about any outfit!

Measures 8" X 54"
Hand-rolled edges

*My hand painting process begins with 100% white silk that I carefully stretch as a canvas. I then use a water based resist to paint my design. Once the resist has dried I begin the methodical and creative process of painting with special silk dyes. After the painting process is complete the silk goes through a special steam treatment to set the dye.

Silk is a durable fabric that can be hand washed, dry cleaned, and ironed.

No comments: