Thursday, May 29, 2008

I finally learnt to crochet



Finally learnt how to crochet today, with the assistance of the video above by Jeweliet01. The problem for me was trying to figure out where to put the darn hook between each stitch, leading to some very messy lines. Finally, I worked it out by watching the second video in this series, where Aunt Esther grabs a knot and says, This is the knot, THIS is the space where you put your needle. Shazam! I got it. Thank the ghods.

So Im about 15cm into my square/scarf, whatever the heck it is that Im doing, and when I've completed it, I'll take a couple of photos and post them.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Yay! for youtube.
Just the other day I relearnt to knit with the help of youtube. Well, it helped me finally really sort out the English names for the stitches I knew in Danish, and by seeing the 'basic' and 'advanced' instructions in action, I could see that I obviously originally learnt to knit 'continental' and that was why I've had so uch strife trying to reconsolidate all the instructions I found online with what I vaguely remembered from being a child.

HereBeDragons said...

YAY! I love to crochet, and just this week I've decided that I want to re-learn how to knit (I've done it before, but it's been nearly 20 years). It never occurred to me to check out You Tube for instructional videos. What a great idea!