Monday, April 21, 2008

All Fall Down

What a stunning necklace - entitled All Fall Down - by silver artist Rone Prinz. The necklace is described as "21 sterling silver chairs with 18 karat gold accents. Fabricated & cast elements."

Artist Statement: Rone Prinz has been creating jewelry for over 22 years. While in a Japanese papermaking class she accidentally tore one of her sculptures & it became a pair of earrings. From that day forward she has been exploring different materials, from rusted bedsprings to Opals. Hopefully evolving, but always challenging herself to create something new & different. "For me making this jewelry is my dance. Since dance has been & is a huge part of my life, I can see that the relationship of moving matter & moving the physical form are one in the same for me."

No comments: